Would you like to work for Better Pathways?
If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute your professional skills within a friendly and rewarding work environment, then Better Pathways might just be the right employer for you.
From time to time we have opportunities within Better Pathways for:
- Clinicians with expertise in working in the field of mental health
- Employment Specialists
- Specialist Intervention Workers
- Engagement Workers
- Multi-Functional Trainers
- Section Leads
Our current vacancies:
Volunteer Catering Assistant
RESPONSIBLE TO: Learning & Volunteering Lead
REPORTS TO: Catering Supervisor
Nature of post
To assist in providing the catering service situated at our head office in Alcester St, Digbeth.
- To assist in the preparation and service of a range of hot snacks, including soup, baked potatoes and other suitable hot food with reference to nutritional, dietary and cultural needs.
- To be responsible for the safe use and maintenance of equipment.
- To maintain Health and Safety legislation, reporting any breaches to the Health and Safety Officer.
- To record fridge temperatures daily.
- To assist in the preparation and service of hot drinks at designated break times.
- To handle cash register or must be willing to learn.
- To assist in preparing the weekly order for supplies.
- Be able to work from written instructions.
- To assist in maintaining control of all supplies
- To assist in the storage and security of all supplies.
- To be responsible for maintaining required standards of cleanliness in the kitchen and canteen areas.
- To take written orders for meals & sandwiches
- To handle cash payment and cash up at end of day
- To follow all health and safety requirements within the organisation.
- To participate in staff meetings as required.
- To undertake any other duties appropriate to the role.
Terms and Conditions
Hours: 9.00am to 3.00pm Weekdays
Breaks: 15 Minutes Morning
30 Minutes Lunch
15 Minutes Afternoon
Allowance: Out of pocket expenses paid