We are committed to employing talented and passionate people who are passionate about supporting people within the mental health community. If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute your professional skills within a friendly and rewarding work environment, then Better Pathways might just be the right employer for you.
Employment Specialist Vacancy:
£22,500 up to £24,000 dependant on experience
IPS Team Leader
We are looking for a driven and motivated individual who wants to make a real difference to the mental health of our clients in the community.
Better Pathways are recruiting for a full time IPS Employment Specialist who will be part of a growing Individual Placement and Support (IPS) team which will deliver employment support as part of the Mental Health Recovery and Employment Contract. The roles are embedded within the Community Mental Health Teams across North Birmingham.
The role requires you to work with clients (managing a caseload) who may have severe and enduring mental health conditions which impacts on their ability to gain work. You will support, guide, coach and facilitate their needs to help them achieve their vocational goals.
It is a challenging, exciting and very rewarding role for a Charity which have provided Mental health support to the local community for over 50 years.
Applying for the role:
If you would like to apply for this exciting opportunity, then please complete the Application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date is Monday 21st January 2019 at 5pm.
Interviews will be held week commencing 28th January 2019.
For more information on this role please contact Clarine Powell, Team Leader.
Job Title: Fundraising Volunteer
Reports to: Fundraising & Marketing Lead
Location: West Midlands Region (Birmingham based)
Deadline: 15th January 2019
This is an exciting opportunity to learn new skills, gain professional work experience and help to make a positive difference within the community. We are flexible and can work with other people around their commitments. All skills, backgrounds are welcome as we would like a diverse enthusiastic team.
For full job description open Fundraising Volunteer job description
To apply for this role, you will need to send a completed volunteer application to email@example.com
The Volunteer application form can be found below
(You may need to save it onto your computer to open it).
Veteran Stabilisation Worker
Do you want to help ex Veterans get back into civilian life? Do you understand the difficulties that veterans face when the military career has ended? If so this role could be for you.
Hours: Full Time (35 hours a week)
Salary: £24,000 per annum pro rata
Closing date: 19th January 2019
We are looking for an experienced Veteran to work with ex veterans to reorientate them into civilian life. The majority of veterans manage this, however some experience mental health attributable to their military service. Your role is to work with a caseload of individuals, supporting them with their mental health needs, providing them with the support and confidence to help them back into to civilian life i.e. work, education, lifestyles.
For those who struggle with civilian life, mental health issues such as depression, addiction and anxiety disorders are very common. Recognising the support that these individuals needs, the Veterans Mental Health Complex Treatment Service (VMH CTS) provides support to individuals with such mental health needs.
Veterans are assessed by the Veterans’ Mental Health Transition, Intervention and Liaison Service (VMH TIL) and identified as requiring a period of intensive and proactive interventions. Some veterans may require intensive treatment programmes, where earlier interventions have not brought about an improvement in their health and wellbeing.
This is a challenging yet rewarding role and we are looking for someone who has the compassion and commitment to improve the mental health of our ex military.
If you meet the specification outlined in our job description please complete the application form and return this to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is 19th January 2019
Volunteer Allotment Horticulture Assistant
Would you like to grow your own chemical free Vegetables, Fruit and Herbs?
Interested in spending time in a peaceful natural setting in the heart of Birmingham?
Do you have gardening skills you’d like to put into practice?
There are Volunteering opportunities at our Better Pathways Allotment which can be found adjacent to Cannon Hill Park in Moseley. This is a Permaculture project run by us to involve the local community in growing and eating fresh, chemical free food and to experience the wellbeing benefits of gardening and other eco based activities.
Attendance is flexible and tailored to individual circumstances with opportunities to attend Monday to Friday between 10am and 3pm, so whatever time you can give to the project whether it’s an hour a week or a few hours several times a week it will be your choice.
All equipment is supplied and sessions are facilitated by a qualified horticulturist who has worked within mental health for the last 28 years
Reports to: Propagation and Production Supervisor
Nature of Role
To assist with the propagation and cultivation of Vegetables, Fruit and Herbs and assist with site maintenance at the allotment.
- To receive and follow instructions from the relevant person in charge.
- To assist with Planning and Implementing growing plans.
- To assist with Sowing Seeds and Pricking Out to required standard.
- To Plant Vegetable, Fruit and Herb Plants in Beds.
- To Maintain crops.
- To Undertake Watering and Maintain Water Harvesting Equipment.
- To Prepare soil for Planting.
- To Undertake Hand Weeding.
- To Compost Green Waste.
- To Maintain Allotment Site.
- To work with the Veganic and Permaculture Principles of the Allotment.
- To complete any documentation required.
- To liaise with staff as required and report any information requested.
- To follow all health and safety requirements within the organisation.
- To participate in meetings as required.
- To undertake any other duties appropriate to the role.
Hours: Sessional between 10am and 3pm. Monday to Friday.
(To be arranged on an Individual basis)
If you are interested please fill in an application form and send it back to email@example.com
Volunteer Catering Assistant
RESPONSIBLE TO: Learning & Volunteering Lead
REPORTS TO: Catering Supervisor
Nature of post
To assist in providing the catering service situated at our head office in Alcester St, Digbeth.
- To assist in the preparation and service of a range of hot snacks, including soup, baked potatoes and other suitable hot food with reference to nutritional, dietary and cultural needs.
- To be responsible for the safe use and maintenance of equipment.
- To maintain Health and Safety legislation, reporting any breaches to the Health and Safety Officer.
- To record fridge temperatures daily.
- To assist in the preparation and service of hot drinks at designated break times.
- To handle cash register or must be willing to learn.
- To assist in preparing the weekly order for supplies.
- Be able to work from written instructions.
- To assist in maintaining control of all supplies
- To assist in the storage and security of all supplies.
- To be responsible for maintaining required standards of cleanliness in the kitchen and canteen areas.
- To take written orders for meals & sandwiches
- To handle cash payment and cash up at end of day
- To follow all health and safety requirements within the organization.
- To participate in staff meetings as required.
- To undertake any other duties appropriate to the role.
Terms and Conditions
Hours: 9.00am to 3.00pm Weekdays
Breaks: 15 Minutes Morning
30 Minutes Lunch
15 Minutes Afternoon
Allowance: Out of pocket expenses paid
Please check back regularly to see which available job posts come up