We are committed to employing talented and passionate people who are passionate about supporting people within the mental health community. If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute your professional skills within a friendly and rewarding work environment, then Better Pathways might just be the right employer for you.
Peer Mentor Volunteer Role:
Service: Peer Mentor
Base: Better Pathways
Role Title: Peer Mentor Volunteer
You will engage with and support service users experiencing mental health issues and neurodiversity; developing service users’ understanding of recovery and using your own experience and insight into neurodiversity or recovery of mental health to motivate them. This is through therapeutic groups and interacting with service users on BAS when groups are not running or there is a lack of attendance through actively taking part or starting discussions on wellbeing.
For more information please see full JD below.
To apply please fill out application form:
IPS Employment Specialist Vacancy:
Job Title: IPS Employment Specialist
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £22,000.00 to £24,000.00 /year
Closing Date: 13th September 2019
We are looking for individuals who want to make a real difference to the mental health of our clients in the community.
Better Pathways are recruiting for full time IPS Employment Specialists who will be part of a growing Individual Placement and Support (IPS) team which will deliver employment support as part of the Mental Health Recovery and Employment Contract. The roles are embedded within the Community Mental Health Teams across Birmingham.
The role requires you to work with clients (managing a caseload) who may have severe and enduring mental health conditions which impacts on their ability to gain work. You will support, guide, coach and facilitate their needs to help them achieve their vocational goals.
This is a challenging, exciting and very rewarding role working for a well established Charity with experience of supporting the local community for over 50 years.
- Support candidates to understand their skills, aspirations and goals through the completion of a Vocational Profile and produce an Action Plan to obtain and sustain competitive employment in line with their preferences.
- Promote the benefits of supporting service users to access employment with external employers, aiming to raise the profile of IPS services and raise expectations around the ability of service users to access paid employment.
- To assess individual support needs related to work which might typically include help with benefits, travel to work, managing health at work etc. and sign post on for further support needs.
- To deliver employment workshops with other members of staff as required.
Applying for the role
If you would like to apply for this exciting opportunity, then please complete the Application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Veteran Stabilisation Worker Vacancy:
Job Title: Veteran Stabilisation Worker
Hours: 35 hours a week
Salary: £24,000 per annum
Closing date: 31st May 2019
Do you want to help ex Veterans get back into civilian life? Do you understand the difficulties that veterans face when the military career has ended? If so this role could be for you.
We are looking for an experienced Veteran to work with ex veterans to reorientate them into civilian life. The majority of veterans manage this, however some experience mental health attributable to their military service. Your role is to work with a caseload of individuals, supporting them with their mental health needs, providing them with the support and confidence to help them back into to civilian life i.e. work, education, lifestyles.
For those who struggle with civilian life, mental health issues such as depression, addiction and anxiety disorders are very common. Recognising the support that these individuals needs, the Veterans Mental Health Complex Treatment Service (VMH CTS) provides support to individuals with such mental health needs.
Veterans are assessed by the Veterans’ Mental Health Transition, Intervention and Liaison Service (VMH TIL) and identified as requiring a period of intensive and proactive interventions. Some veterans may require intensive treatment programmes, where earlier interventions have not brought about an improvement in their health and wellbeing.
This is a challenging yet rewarding role and we are looking for someone who has the compassion and commitment to improve the mental health of our ex military.
If you meet the specification outlined in our job description please complete the application form and return this to: email@example.com
Interviews week after deadline.
Volunteer Allotment Horticulture Assistant
Would you like to grow your own chemical free Vegetables, Fruit and Herbs?
Interested in spending time in a peaceful natural setting in the heart of Birmingham?
Do you have gardening skills you’d like to put into practice?
There are Volunteering opportunities at our Better Pathways Allotment which can be found adjacent to Cannon Hill Park in Moseley. This is a Permaculture project run by us to involve the local community in growing and eating fresh, chemical free food and to experience the wellbeing benefits of gardening and other eco based activities.
Attendance is flexible and tailored to individual circumstances with opportunities to attend Monday to Friday between 10am and 3pm, so whatever time you can give to the project whether it’s an hour a week or a few hours several times a week it will be your choice.
All equipment is supplied and sessions are facilitated by a qualified horticulturist who has worked within mental health for the last 28 years
Reports to: Propagation and Production Supervisor
Nature of Role
To assist with the propagation and cultivation of Vegetables, Fruit and Herbs and assist with site maintenance at the allotment.
- To receive and follow instructions from the relevant person in charge.
- To assist with Planning and Implementing growing plans.
- To assist with Sowing Seeds and Pricking Out to required standard.
- To Plant Vegetable, Fruit and Herb Plants in Beds.
- To Maintain crops.
- To Undertake Watering and Maintain Water Harvesting Equipment.
- To Prepare soil for Planting.
- To Undertake Hand Weeding.
- To Compost Green Waste.
- To Maintain Allotment Site.
- To work with the Veganic and Permaculture Principles of the Allotment.
- To complete any documentation required.
- To liaise with staff as required and report any information requested.
- To follow all health and safety requirements within the organisation.
- To participate in meetings as required.
- To undertake any other duties appropriate to the role.
Hours: Sessional between 10am and 3pm. Monday to Friday.
(To be arranged on an Individual basis)
If you are interested please fill in an application form and send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org